Terms & Conditions
To be accepted into the training course, we must ensure that Applicants have fully read and understood these Training Courses Terms & Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, at the time of lodging the Enrollment Application Form, applicants are required to read these documents and tick the appropriate box on the application form stating same.
Applicants should have been practicing yoga for 2 years before they embark on a teacher training course. However, if an applicant can show the necessary level of practice and dedication before two years, they may be considered for the teacher training course. If you are unsure if you have sufficient experience please talk to Michael and he will steer you along the best path. If you don’t have two years yoga experience there are still options open to you – you could enter our pre training programme where you will be mentored and assisted with developing a person yoga practice ( 2 x Personal Practice Prescriptions in Pranayama Asana & Meditation ) along with being offered a 50% discount at all Michaels yoga classes and workshops, preparing you for next year’s training ( or 2 years from now ) alternatively you could sign up for the teacher training programme simply as a personal development programme through the medium of yoga ( for this option it is essential to meet with Michael and/or a member of the teaching team to clarify the parameters and agree same ).
A deposit may be necessary to secure a place on the course and should be paid at the time of the booking. All applicants must fill in and return their application forms to enrol on the course. The full fee should be paid 6 weeks before the beginning of the course to avail of the early bird offer. The fee may also be paid in instalments, this should be arranged with Michael Connolly before the course commences
Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t. Reserving the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date. The fees must be paid in full and all course work submitted before a graduation certificate will be issued.
What Fees Include:
- Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals SYT.
- A manual and other appropriate paperwork.
What is not Included:
- Flights, accommodation and food for yourself.
- A certificate, paying the fees do not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 80% the course.
Please be sure that you can make the dates and wish to do the full course before confirming your booking. Applicants may cancel course registration by notifying us in writing by email or post. Any refund will be based on the date the written cancellation request is received by us.
All deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
All administration fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
Course leaders have the right to cancel course at any point.
During the Course:
Students must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Students must attend a minimum of 90% of the course to be considered for certification.
Once the course has officially finished, students have a maximum of 12 months to submit any course work to complete the course.
Students may re-sit or redo any assignments but there may be additional fees. These will be clearly outlined in any such incidents.
Students should be willing to cultivate a daily practice.
- 3000-word essay.
- Completion of a written 100Q empowerment review.
- All ongoing assessments as required.
- A level 1 personal practice Asana exam.
- A level 2 personal practice Asana exam.
- A live teaching exam of 30-40 minutes duration.
- All fees paid in full.
- A signed copy of the code of ethics.
- 180 Contact hours.
Upon completion of the above criteria, you will be awarded your Certificate from AlphaZone School of Yoga, fully accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals. If all the necessary criteria are not met you will receive a provisional certificate which is valid for 12 months during which time you can complete your requirements and then receive your full certification., however if the requirements are not met within the 12 months’ provisional period, all hours will still count but all assessment and exams will need to be repeated.
The investment for this training is €2,350.
There is a €150.00 early bird discount if full payment is received 6 weeks before training commences.
Please note that there is a deposit of €500 due to be paid on application.
Please note this deposit is non-refundable.
If due to some unforeseen reason a student needs to withdraw from the training there are a few options. (Note: Please highlight this as early as possible for the best outcome for all concerned to be achieved.)
Upon agreement with Michael the students can join in on a future training course within 3 years.
A refund can be obtained less the non-refundable deposit of €500 and a further €250 administration fee, and any weekends attended charged at €250 per weekend. (as an example if a student had paid the full payment with early bird discount €2200 and then after weekend 4 needed to withdraw from the course a refund of €450 would be issued.) If the above was to happen the sooner, you bring it to Michael’s attention the better.
What is a Grievance or Complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, either written or spoken. A complaint can be made by an individual or a group. You may wish to complain if you are not satisfied with the way you have been treated, the service you have received or the tuition you have received from your teacher.
AZSOY school recognises that complaints are an important part of customer’s feedback.
- All complaints will be investigated fully and fairly.
- Complaints will be dealt with in confidence. The only exception to this is when others could be put at risk by matters referred to in the complaint.
- If the complainant is not happy with the result of the response to the complaint, they will have the right to appeal to the teachers’ industry body such as Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Complaints About a Teacher Training Course:
There are three stages that you can follow to try to resolve the issue. We will always try to resolve any complaint as soon as possible. You may wish to involve an advocate, friend or someone else to support you at any stage. If you need a sign language or community language interpreter, please let the person dealing with the compliant know and every reasonable effort will be made to provide it.
Talk to Michael or any of the teaching team and hopefully everything can be resolved.
Outline the details of your complaint by letter or email and send it to the Michael or any of the teaching team. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days from the date it is received.
The response will contain the following information:
- Name of the person who will investigate the complaint.
- The date(s) that the incident happened.
- What support you can expect to receive during the process of the complaint.
- An expected response date.
In fairness to all parties and to ensure the investigator can investigate the complaint in an open and meaningful way, we cannot guarantee your anonymity. In exceptional cases, however, where a child or vulnerable adult is involved, in accordance with national guidelines and good practice the identity of individuals at risk with be protected. When the person(s) who are dealing with the complaint, have had an opportunity to review it, they will write to the tutor or person about whom the complaint has been made. The letter will outline the main elements of your complaint and ask for a full written response. At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator has a balanced understanding. When your response has been received, the investigator will consider all the information available to them and make a decision.
The response will include the following information:
- Details of the investigation.
- A decision about whether the complaint was upheld or not.
- The reason for the decision.
- The re-dress, if appropriate, which will be offered to you, for example, an apology, additional help or directing you to other sources of advice or support.
- Any other action that may be taken in light of the complaint.
If it is not possible to provide a full answer to your complaint within 30 working days, the letter will outline reasons why and give a date by which a full answer is expected.
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint then outline the reasons for your dissatisfaction by letter. Email this to Yoga Alliance Professionals, this information will be provided to you in response to Stage two.
Code of Conduct
It is a requirement of AZSOY that all students abide by and sign a code of conduct. This Code of Conduct is a summation and declaration of acceptable, ethical, and professional behaviour by which all Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered Yoga Teachers agree to conduct the teaching and business of Yoga.
As a Registrant of AlphaZone Teacher Training, I agree to uphold the ethical goals set forth in the following Code of Conduct:
- To ensure that safe and effective teaching is available to the public.
- To provide the public with access to safe and effective yoga teachers.
- To maintain and uphold the traditions of Hatha Yoga. To teach yoga from the experience of these traditions and to disseminate these teachings to anyone, from any background, who earnestly desires to follow these traditions.
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.